Advanced Financial Accounting
- Distinguish between the purchase method and pooling of interest method,
- Prepare entries for two companies, each with goodwill, direct and indirect acquisition costs, issue costs,
- Prepare determination and distribution of excess schedules.
- Perform comparison of 100% purchase and pooling; record investments and prepare consolidated balance sheets,
- Prepare elimination entries using the equity method and cost method,
- Prepare consolidated worksheets.
- Prepare journal entries to account for contracts that are denominated in foreign currency
- prepare a translated trial balance along with the necessary consolidation entries.
Who Can Benefit?
- Vice Presidents of finance
- senior finance managers
- Executives Accountants
- Financial Affairs personnel
- The Equity Method of Accounting for Investments
- Consolidation of Financial Information
- Consolidations - Subsequent to the Date of Acquisition
- Consolidated Financial Statements and Outside Ownership
- Foreign Currency Transactions and Hedging Foreign Exchange Risk
- Translation of Foreign Currency Financial Statements
- Worldwide Accounting Diversity and International Accounting Standards